I speak to many companies considering SD-WANs. A common question is, “how could we possibly manage all the different invoices and customer service numbers required if we shift our network to broadband?”
This perceived problem is not a problem at all. You see, Managed Networks Operators (MNOs) (also called Global Managed Internet Providers or Virtual Network Operators (VNOs) provide broadband internet as a service (IaaS). This means that the MNO contracts for your broadband or dedicated internet service, anywhere in the world, with the appropriate local service providers. You receive a single bill and have a single point of contact. The MNO oversees the management of all your circuits and contacts the respective local service provider when it notices that one of your internet circuits is down. The primary market for these service providers has been major global carriers, such as Verizon, AT&T, BT and so on. But with the growth of SD-WAN, that is changing.
Using an MNO eliminates the complicated and costly management of broadband billing. If there is a circuit failure, instead of your company going through files to determine the contact number for the local internet provider, the MNO provides the service. They have the NOC and language services to handle the task. The result: effective broadband services anywhere, with a single point of contact.
Managed Enterprise Broadband Benefits:
- Broadband internet access or dedicated internet access with SLAs, static IP addresses, onsite installation and Ethernet hand-off.
- Internet access using all available locally access technologies, such as Fiber (Dedicated, FttX), Copper (SONET/SDH) ADSL, SDSL, VDSL), Cable (DOCSIS), Wireless (Microwave/Radio, WiMax, 3G/4G/LTE) and Satellite.
- SLAs ranging from small office and backup solutions, up to protected Internet access with premium SLAs for business critical sites and cloud applications.
- Guaranteed latency, packet loss and up-time.
- Redundant global Network Operations Centers (NOCs) in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific.
- Ability to speak all relevant languages in order to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot any incident.
Even if you are only considering broadband for locations in the USA, the benefits are worth considering.
In case you missed out, check out our tips for selecting an MNO here:we can handle the entire process for you.