It’s always interesting exchanging insights and lessons learned with other IT professionals. In June, we’ll have a great opportunity to do just that when I host a discussion session at the upcoming WAN Summit in San Jose (June 14-15). A similar session was held in New York this past April 3-4.
The panel discussion entitled “The Hybrid Transformations – Experiences with Adopting SD-WAN and Integrating Internet into the WAN” (yes, it’s a mouthful) will pick the brains of several IT pros who are knee-deep in the deployment of SD-WANs.
During the session, I hope to lead a conversation around the assessment and implementation of SD-WANs. Some of the questions we’ll explore include:
- What’s been the impact of SD-WANs on overall WAN spend?
- What are the benefits and costs of solutions such as vCPE on an x86 server versus vendor-supplied hardware?
- Does zero touch provisioning make appliance deployment as easy as vendors claim?
- What was the cost of deploying an SD-WAN solution? How much do enterprises save in the long term after that initial investment?
- How does SD-WAN change the on-site IT skills needed at branch offices?
Joining me will be several folks involved with the deployment of SD-WANs.
All have rolled out SD-WANs, but I’ll let them give you the details and share them here and on Twitter in June. They’ll be joined by an as-of-yet-to-be-decided speaker from GTT, a global network, internet and voice provider
Together, we’ll all gain deeper insight into this market of ours. Join us.