Cisco’s DIY SD-WAN solution consists of Cisco Intelligent WAN (IWAN) , a collection of Cisco products and technologies, as well as Meraki, a cloud managed IT company. Cisco IWAN is available on ISR 800 series, ISR 4000 series, ASR 1000 series, and 1000V Series. Advanced orchestration is provided through GlueWare from Glue Networks. Numerous Cisco technologies need to be configured with IWAN including Pfr, NBAR, and DM VPN. It’s precisely the extensive dependence on other Cisco components that is the biggest criticism of IWAN. In addition, the large enterprises, there are limitations to the number of DM VPN tunnels that be be configured per iWAN domain.
- Take a Virtual Test Drive of SD-WAN Management Platforms — No License Required
- Viptela Cisco Integration Update
- Legal Tip: Avoid Auto-Renewal of Managed Service Contracts With This Language
- What is the average price for an SD-WAN service? Here’s some data that will help
- How to Negotiate Better Carrier Contracts for SD-WAN, MPLS, and Other Managed Network Services