Riverbed, long known as a WAN optimization and application performance company, is a relative late-comer to the DIY SD-WAN party. The company added its SteelConnect SD-WAN in April of 2016. Riverbed’s strength continues to be the breadth of its application and network performance solution. As of this writing, Riverbed does not currently offer routing functionality support and replacement of customer edge routers, a plan to provide those services is underway. So Riverbed’s SD-WAN cannot replace your routers.
- Take a Virtual Test Drive of SD-WAN Management Platforms — No License Required
- Viptela Cisco Integration Update
- Legal Tip: Avoid Auto-Renewal of Managed Service Contracts With This Language
- What is the average price for an SD-WAN service? Here’s some data that will help
- How to Negotiate Better Carrier Contracts for SD-WAN, MPLS, and Other Managed Network Services