Another pure-play SD-WAN provider, now owned by Cisco, Viptela has an advanced SD-WAN DIY solution. The Secure Extensible Network Solution provides advanced SD-WAN capabilities including service chaining and network insertion. The solution consists of vManage for configuration and network management, vSmart Controllers for the intelligence behind the SD-WAN, and the vEdge Routers providing the connectivity into the SD-WAN. vEdge Routers come as hardware and virtual appliances. They can sit behind existing router or replace routers in new installations.
For additional information about Cisco (Viptela), check out the following:
- Viptela Cisco Integration Update
- Silver Peak, VMware, Cisco Leaders in Gartner’s Edge Magic Quadrant
- SD-WAN Expert and ONUG: Consider Connectivity Options
- SD-WAN News: Cisco and NSS Battle, Security Woes and More
- Will networks and security converge?